jueves, 3 de octubre de 2013

Gamzatti costume







Romantic ballet named La Bayadère takes place in India. The main character is Nikiya, the temple slave, who is in love with Solor, a warrior. The Brahman, main priest of the temple, wants Nikiya for himself, while the Rajah arranges Solor's marriage with Gamzatti, his princess daughter...

I performed Gamzatti last end-of-term gala. When I was told I was dancing this role, I decided to make my own costumes and stuff to go onstage, and here's a pic of me performing!

I am so in love with this costume, I adore it! It took me such a long time to have it finished, lots of savings spent to get the materials (that gold brocade for the bodice and pieces on the skirt was superhard to find, as well as part of the delicate lacey aged gold trim) But it was definitely worth it!
Here's a close-up of the Gamzatti headpiece.

Inspiration: Gamzatti costume by the Royal Ballet (Royal Opera House), here's an image.


*     *     *

El ballet romántico de nombre La Bayadera se ambienta en la India. El personaje principal es Nikiya, una esclava del templo, que está enamorada de Solor, un guerrero. El Brahmán, el sumo sacerdote del templo, quiere a Nikiya para sí mientras que el Rajá arregla el matrimonio de Solor con su hija la princesa Gamzatti...

El pasado fin de curso hice el papel de Gamzatti. Cuando me comunicaron que bailaría esta parte, decidí hacerme el traje y todos los accesorios para entrar en escena, ¡y aquí tenéis fotos de mí bailando!

Adoro este traje. Me llevó mucho tiempo y trabajo terminarlo, invertí mucho en materiales que me costó conseguir, como el brocado del corpiño y los pétalos de la falda, o la pasamanería de oro viejo. Pero definitivamente valió la pena.
Aquí os dejo también un enlace para que veáis el tocado de Gamzatti más de cerca.

Inspiración: el traje de Gamzatti creado por el Royal Ballet (Royal Opera House), os dejo una imagen.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario